Sunday, July 17, 2011

Rainy Sunday & Beach Trip

Hello everyone.
Can you believe it, we are halfway through July and we are still getting rain - where is our SUMMER !!! Mother Nature is flirting with us by giving us one or two days of nice weather and then 'wham', we are back to our cloudy and sometimes wet days. Although I will say that it is not really cold outside, it just makes it more muggy which I do not like.

How is your summer going so far? I am doing well and we took a fun trip to the beach, oh it was so nice to smell the ocean air and listen to the waves - how relaxing. One of my favorite stops was at Cooks Chasm, located south of Newport. It was along a rocky section of coastline and you could hear and see the waves crashing up against the rocks. It even had little cave areas where the waves would crash into them and cause a geyser. Here are a couple pictures for you to enjoy. This first one was taken at a park (forgot the name of it) way up on top of the hills which gave a perfect picture of Cooks Chasm below.





Earlier in the day, we were at Newport and walked along the waterfront. They have a lot of shops and other activities to do. We especially enjoyed the art galleries, oh so many beautiful things. Here is a couple pictures of my hubby 'Doug' with my sister 'Doreen' and the other picture is of me with my sister. The weather was sunny but cool and breezy. The last picture is of the Yaquina Bay bridge in Newport.




I am looking forward to another beach trip soon.

Wishing everyone a safe and happy weekend.
Hugs, Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment