Sunday, March 13, 2011

Blessings Through the Rain

Hello everyone.... today is a very rainy and blustery day outside, oh so gloomy and I cannot wait until our sunny spring days return.

I decided it was time to start my own blog so I can share with you about my adventures in life and I thought I would start out with sharing with you a little about myself.  I am new to blogging and so I will be learning as I go along.

I have a special love for crafts and so you will see many of them here. I also love to garden, read, spend time with family and friends, take nature walks and most important is my close walk with the Lord.

God has blessed me with a wonderful husband of 36 years and counting, who is a very compasionate soul which is a good thing since he has to put up with me. 

I have two wonderful children who are now all grown up with families of their own, including a total of 5 grandchildren ranging from ages 3 months to 6 years. My goodness, time is going by so quickly.

We have two cats that bring a lot of enjoyment to our lives and each with their own unique personalities - more on that later.

I am a Christian and the Lord has blessed me more times than I can count and I pray for His guidance every day. One of many verses come to mind... this one is from Proverbs 16:9 "The mind of the man plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps." I tend to be impatient and am always in a rush to make decisions before seeking God's wisdom and in turn pay the price by not having things turn out well. I need to learn to be patient and to first ask God for His guidance. I know that is easier said than done but the rewards are well worth it. I pray that you too will seek Gods guidance before making your own decisions in life.

Did I tell you that I am retired.... well that provides me with a lot of free time and I look forward to sharing with you what I craft, explore, learn or just what tickles my fancy.

Until next time.

Blessings
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment