Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Twinkle Toes

Happy Tuesday to everyone.

I have been working on this card for a couple days... just struggled with what papers to use, etc but I think it turned out pretty well. I had fun following the Friday Sketchers 146 challenge, what a wonderful sketch. I loved all of the DT's inspiration. I am also entering this card on A Spoonful of Sugar challenge 144 where we needed to use ribbon, pearls/rhinestones and flowers.

I used Radiant Pearls on the butterflies and larger green accent which adds a nice shimmer. I added glitter glue on the edges of the butterflies, small flowers and around the sentiment to add some shinny accents.
I know that most everyone uses Copic markers but due the higher prices, I chose to use Prismacolor markers. The advantage of Copic's is that they have more colors to pick from.



The recipe for this card:
CS - Stampin Up
Paper - floral (unknown), all others DCWV
Flowers - Lg (Prima), sm (unknown)
Punch - Butterfly (Martha Stewart), Scallop circle (Stampin Up)
Image - Pink Toes (Penny Black)
Sentiment - made on my computer
Others: pearls, ribbon, glitter glue, Radiant Pearls & Prismacolor markers

I still have not perfected being able to take a good picture of my cards. Any hints you can share would be helpful.

I would love to hear from you so please send me a comment.

Have a great day
Blessings
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment